The ICAROS center (Interdepartmental Center for Advances in Robotic Surgery) of the University of Naples Federico II was founded in March 2016 by the will of prof. Vincenzo Mirone of the School of Medicine and Surgery and prof. Bruno Siciliano of the School of Engineering and Basic Sciences, who was the former Director of the center. Nicola Longo, Professor at the Department of Neurosciences, Reproductive and Odontostomatological Sciences, is the current Director. The center aims at creating synergies between clinical and surgical practice and research on new technologies for computer/robot assisted surgery. The Departments and research groups participating to the center are:
- Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
- Department of Industrial Engineering
- Department of Neurosciences, Reproductive and Odontostomatological Sciences
- Department of Physics "Ettore Pancini"
- Department of Public Health